Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Max and Whiskers

I was so excited when Basic Grey announced the new Max and Whiskers collection. I couldn't wait to get my crafty little hands on it. I wasn't going to use it with my doggie photographs at first but I couldn't resist! This piccie is of Buddy, one of our gorgeous miniature dacshunds when he was about 7 months old. All products used are available at "Handmade by Suzanne".
I've cut the scallops at the bottom of the page from felt and hand stitched along the straight edge using embroidery thread, then added the buttons before attaching it to my layout.
A card made from the left overs.
Thanks for visiting my little blog and for your always lovely comments. I wish you all a great week and lots of time to do some crafting! Take care.

11 comments:

Judith said...

What a cute little chap and lovely layout and card.

Mel said...

What a gorgeous dog, and you have made the perfect layout of him, I just love these papers, wow, so bright, how on earth did you get him to give you that perfect pose for the camera. Just love it.

Unknown said...

WOW these are just gorgeous!! What a cute pup!! Those papers are definitely perfect for that photo :-)
xo

Clare said...

Wow!!! what a gorgeous LO Marelize. I just love those papers, they have not hit Britain yet though. Buddy is absolutely beautiful, just look at that shiny coat. Your card is so pretty too. Hugs Clare xxx

Sue Plumb said...

Marelize, I just LOVE that LO! How could you not scrap that pic with those pps? They are perfect for it! Love all the little doggies and the felt is a great touch too!
XXX

Jennifer Shaw said...

Hi Marelize! Oh, Buddy is just sooooo cute!!! He even sits!! I LOVE everything about this LO and it is the perfect line. The circle is great and the felt border with the buttons!! What a perfect photo too. So happy that I got to see one of your little Dachshunds. Hopefully there will be a future LO of the second little one. Dachshunds are the cutest dogs ever!!!! :) Sweet card too! Now you are making me want to skip cleaning my house and run to scrap with my supply of Max and Whiskers!! LOL

Anthea said...

Too cute.....love it. :)

Belinda said...

Hi Marelize. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I followed you back here and you really have some gorgeous work. I love your stunning header photo too. B-)

kathie said...

Oh, isn't he a cutie! I am intending on getting some Max and Whiskers too. Love it!

Samantha Hauzer said...

That layout is just the cutest thing ever! I'm really going to have to get those papers now, lol :)

Taryn said...

What a gorgeous photo of your dog, Marelize! Love these new papers, too cute!