Friday, November 05, 2010

Christmas Grinches?

Yes. It's that time of the year already and before you know it you will hear 'Jingle Bells' playing in every shop you walk into. To get us into the Christmas spirit we are all doing Christmas layouts at 'Handmade by Suzanne' this month. I've got to play with the 'Tinsel & Twig' range from The Girls Paperie. I love these papers and the sticker pad in this range is such great value for money. You can check it out here. I've also added some 'Flourish with a Bling' Metallic Vine and red pearls as well as a Basic Grey Bloomers fabric flower. I've stitched all along the lines and edges of my background paper to make it look more 'real'. There is a tiny bit of black in some of these papers but I tried to make more of a feature of this by adding black stitching and embellishments.
A close up of the stitcing and embellie cluster.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your families! Gotta go and get my DD from school.
Thanks for visiting my little blog. :)
M xox

10 comments:

Mel said...

Well I think they are cute grinches, at least you got a photo......I just love how you patchworked this page and those papers I saw, wow, they are gorgeous and a little different for Christmas papers for a change to the traditional, flourish with a bling is awesome and I have the flourish not the vine - must make amends to this....lol, hope you have a great weekend. Love Melxx

Kim said...

tee hee had to LOL at that photos grinchy indeed, love love love the stitching makes it really pop

Nadia Cannizzo said...

wow what a great layout. as always. What a hreat Christams range this one is. Will have to check it out. Now you MUST tell me how you did that photo effect...b&w and only hats red..I have been trying and trying on photoshop and cant do it!. If you want you can email me samnadia@hotmail.com

Sue Plumb said...

YUMMO! That looks awesome Marelize! I LOVE the stitching (but thats why I don't even try to get mine straight coz it never looks like that...LOL) and that flourish vine looks FAB! XXX

Jennifer Shaw said...

Wow Marelize, the stitched background is amazing!!! Love this line. I have some coming in a kit. :) I love the touches of black here and that photo is wonderful!! This LO is just so striking!!

Heather Jacob said...

thanks for stopping by my blog Marelize and for your congrats. I am thrilled to be chosen as one of the winners from the october challenge Woohoo !
your blog is awesome, there is such a warm and friendly feeling here. hugs x

Belinda said...

LOL!! I love your grinches photo!! A gorgeous layout Marelize. I just love that Tinsel and Twig paper. B-)

kathie said...

Hee hee. Gorgeous page. Love the patchwork effect. I love Tinsel and Twig too!

Liz Weber said...

LOL at the photos Marelize, you scrapped them fantastically. LOVE the whole patchwork look and I MUST get those papers!

Leonie said...

What a gorgeous patchwork effect Marelize, it's really stunning and i love your photo too!!