Monday, July 18, 2011

Kaisercraft Velvet Ensemble

Cutting it a bit fine and doing an almost midnight post here. :)  Have to get my Bird Is The Word entry in though before the deadline, which is in about.... 7 and a half hours and since I am not an early bird, I thought its safer to do it now. :)
The pics are of my DD on her way to her Year 11 Ball earlier this year.  We had to use the word 'admire' this time and I thought that this quote was perfect for the pics.
I've used Kaisercraft Velvet Ensemble collection for this.  The colours in this range are so gorgeous together.  All the products used in this layout are availble from Handmade by Suzanne.
 A little close up of my cluster.  The flowers are Green Tara Calla Lillies that I tied into a bunch with some twill.  And I just love the butterflies from Collections.
The next layout is another one I did with my DT kit from Handmade by Suzanne using the same fabulous Kaisercraft Velvet Ensemble range.  The pic is my friend's little boy. Isn't he the sweetest?  I've also used some Kaisercraft 'Moments' rub ons (one the photo), Collections 'Creative Butterflies', a Crafter's Workshop 'Time Travel' template and some gorgeous Scrapware Correboard Alphas.  Handmade by Suzanne is getting so many exciting products in all the time.  You can check it all out here.
A little close up to show the title. I added some twine for a more 'boyish' look.
 And some more gorgeous butterflies. :)
That's all for today. I better go get some sleep. Thank you so much to everybody who wished me well with my back ache.  All your well wishes must have worked, as I feel so much better!  I'm going to attempt painting DD's room this week, so don't know how much scrapping will get done.  There might be a card or two in line though ...
Wish you all a fantastic week!! Thanks for visiting!
Until next time.
M xox

20 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Hi Marelize! Still on the house DIY frenzy I see...good for you...a new scrappy space now DDs room too...can't wait to see...Loving both these creations! Indeed the KC papers are gorgeous as always. I can't keep up with their lines - they seem so prolific...Love the flowers tied with twill tape & the twine on the wecond one & I agree the butterflies are lovely too! Have a great week ahead :) Ooops, and THANK YOU for playing along at Bird is the Word - it is such a great challenge site!

Rachael Funnell said...

Both Layouts are FABBO!!!
Have to say Loving the Butterflies on both Layouts...
Such a Sweet Pic of your friends lil boy!!!
Thanks for playing along @ BITW...

Leanne said...

Wow! Love what you have done with this range Marelize...just love the simplicity and colours in the Sweet Boy page, the twine is a perfect touch. Thanks for your kind words about Ginger and I'm glad your back is feeling better now :)

Anthea said...

Just gorgeous. Love both LOs very much. The orange and black on the second LO really packs a punch. :D

Cathy said...

Your BITW LO is such a beautiful elegant page Marelize.. love it and your 2nd LO is so adorable, what a gorgeous photo!! Thanks for joining in at BITW :)))

Marg said...

Gorgeous layouts xx I love the last one so so cute :-)

Kim said...

sigh...these are amazing, you know how much I LOVE that butterfly on the photo it is just perfect!

Mandy said...

2 really beautiful pages..stunning photos as well..xxx

Moonie said...

love your pages here M... just so well done.. I love the second one.. just so beautiful.. awesome work.. love checking out your work xx

Leonie said...

oh these are both lovely Marelize! love the flowers in the first one! gorgeous photo in the 'Sweet boy' LO. good luck with the painting!

Tracey said...

Two fabulous layouts Marelize.....the first one is so elegant and I do love that little cluster of flowers. What a gorgeous photo of your friend's little boy....I love the simplicity of this one. Have a great week!

Kerryn said...

oh YUM! I've worked with this range and I didn't even pick them as both being VE. Awesome work!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Lovely layouts Marelize...the first one has such a stunning color combination.

Mel said...

So glad your back is getting better my friend, looks like your mojo is on fire, I love how you added the twine and I love the lettering and the butterfly just ontop of the edge of the clock....and that background paper is just perfect for those stunning photos of your DD, gorgeous. Melxx

Jennifer Shaw said...

Two beautiful LO's! The paper line in the LO of your DD is stunning! I am loving the use of the bold floral background paper. Such lovely pics of your beautiful DD and such beautiful dress!! The second LO is so sweet. Wonderful photo and the twine is the perfect touch. Love the rub on used on the photo. :)

Debbie Smith said...

HI Marelize, your layouts are fantastic. How gorgeous are the lilies, twill and that background turquoise together! I love cream with anything - including on my scrap pages!!!

Unknown said...

WOW your daughter is so beautiful and you have done a beautiful page to match! Love what you have done with the Kaiser range and those butterflies are my fav! :))xx

Angela said...

Gorgeous pages Marelize!! The first page shows off those beautiful photos of your daughter to perfection. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog too :-) I'm a newbie to the blogging world so still feeling my way.

Julie said...

I love the corryboard alphas on the Sweet Boy layout. I think I will have to get some of those. The whole layout is great. Simple and striking with a great use of colour. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
Cheers
Julie

Heather Jacob said...

both of these are gorgeous !!! not able to pick which I like best they both have such yummy elements ... beautiful work .. hugz x