Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A quick share

Oh, if only there were more hours in the day...
Just want to do a quick share of layouts I've done over the weekend and completed yesterday.  First is a layout using my DT pack from Handmade by Suzanne.  I've picked out all the non-girly papers and created this page of DS and I.  This is my entry for Bird is the Word's challenge using the word LOVE. 
I've cut all the hearts using a Spellbinder die and then handstitched in straight lines using embroidery thread. I have seen another scrapper using a similar idea on their layout a while back, but I'm sorry that I can't remember who it was. :(

This simple card was  made with some of the left overs of my DT pack. Love that seam binding. :)

And a 'Just Because' layout I did with some older MME Stella & Rose 'Hattie' papers. My DH took this gorgeous pic on Australia Day 2007 as the sun was setting over Perth City.  
 I've used white and blue paint to create the cloud effect and the sun was cut using my Silhouette maching.
 A cluster of flowers that I cut from one of the pattern papers.
And a self cover button from Handmade by Suzanne that I covered in blue star fabric to represent the Aussie flag.
That's all for today. I've got to run. So much to do and so little time.... 
I am so looking forward to the Handmade by Suzanne Retreat this coming weekend! A whole weekend of uninterrupted scrapping. Yay!
My next post will probably only be after the weekend and I hope I'll have a lot to share...  Lol! That's if I can stop chatting and get some scrapping done. :)
Thanks for stopping by and for your beautiful comments.  They are very appreciated!
Until next time!
M xox

20 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Oh WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! Maralize....
This is just BEAUTIFUL..... SO SO Beautiful!!!!
Love hearts are to die for!!! That looks Totally Super Sweet!!!
& Gee that hand Stitching Rocks as Well...........
A beautiful Card & I really Love your Just Cause Layout.. Real Aussie like!!!! *Sigh* Lucky you! going to Handmade by Suzanne Retreat... Enjoy!! xx

Cathy said...

WOW Marelize all such gorgeous creations!! Love the hearts and vibrant colours on your BITW LO, your card is so elegant and your Reflections LO is awesome.. ADORE the painted clouds and fab pic!! Thanks for playing along at BITW :))

Lynette Jacobs said...

Simply stunning! I love your stitched hearts and I can see myself using this as inspiration for a layout....I also LOVE your MME layout...those papers are so perfect for the photo.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

WOW!!!! Marelize I love them both!!! The hearts look beautiful stitched like that!It must have taken a lot of effort to do it by hand! The second layout is stunning!!! That photo is SUPER!!!!! I love everything about it! One of my faves of yours! Thanks for playing along at BITW!!!

Leanne said...

Both gorgeous pages!!! The hearts look fabulous and the Australia Day page is simply stunning...perfect papers for that beautiful shot of Perth xx

Jules said...

Beautiful marelize!! The hearts on the BITW LO are just so striking! The pic on the last page is just sensational... i absolutely love it! Have fun at the retreat! :)) xx

Angela said...

Gorgeous pages & card Marelize! I love the colour combo & the hearts in the first one especially :-)

Dolly B said...

Thanks so much for popping by my blog and leaving lovely comments I appreciate it.
How gorgeous is that pic of yours on Australia Day and stunning layout

Cheers
Mary

Treesa said...

Beautiful layouts!! Love the hearts...look forward to meeting you on Saturday :)

Jennifer Shaw said...

You have been busy with these beautiful creations! The first LO is just stunning. Love the colour palette and the stitching is perfect! Love the photo in the second LO and the paper choice compliments it so perfectly. Sweet card too! Have fun scrapping this weekend! :)

Judith said...

Beautiful layouts. Love the colour combos on both and that photo of the sunset is stunning.

Kerryn said...

These are just fabulous Marelize!!! LOVE LOVE the one of you and your son.

Sharon said...

Oh M this has turned out so fab so I saw it Saturday. The paint is AMAZING it has just changed it sooo much. You must send this to SM for the Australia Day layouts and every other mag. Love Love Love it! x

Kim said...

This is just beautiful Marelize I agree the paint work on that Aust day one is superb!

Tracey said...

I love anything with hearts...Your layout is fabulous, love the stitching. What a gorgeous photo of Perth ( love to visit there one day)another great layout!

Ella Swan said...

What a gorgeous selection of beautiful work here Marelize! Totally jealous of you having a whole weekend of scrapping - what a dream!! Have fun & thanks so much for joining in at Bird is the Word!

Leonie said...

Hi Bet your having a fab time on retreat right about now. no doubt creating more loveliness to share.
These two are gorgeous. Love, Love, Love the stictched hearts.

Elaine said...

Hi Marelize, you do such beautiful work. Loved the weekend and meeting lots of new people including you. Hope we didn't interrupt you to much :)
My husband even organized a huge bench for me to use for my crafting, while I was at the retreat which topped my weekend!

krissie said...

Perth has the greatest skyline doesn't it?? You captured it beautifully. Love the paint work too xoxo

Chloe said...

Wow - loving your creations here - that first page really pops! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at BITW :-)