Monday, April 02, 2012

Scrap The Girls' April Challenge is up

Hi everyone! Happy Monday to you all! A nice short week for all of us and then it's Easter! :)
Make sure you check out the April challenge at Scrap The Girls this month.  It's super easy!  All you have to do, is create a layout based on the following sketch and remember: GIRLS ONLY. :)

Here is my take on it.  I've used the gorgeous Bo Bunny 'Country Garden' papers and added a little extra using my Crafters Workshop  'Tile Texture' and 'Mini Branches Reversed' templates and some Glimmer Mist. I've made my own tags using Kraft cardstock and a couple of circle/hole punches. :)
A close up of my little cluster.  I've used a Basic Grey bloomer (which I altered a little), a Prima flower and a Lovelybug Bits n Bobs button.
The pics are of my DD and one of her best friends while on our Anzac Day outing in 2010.  Can't believe that's almost 2 years ago.  Feels like yesterday.
I would love to see some of my blog friends have a go at this challenge.  There are always great prizes up for grabs. You can see the rest of the CT's gorgeous layouts here. :)
The mountain of washing is calling me.  Better get going!
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful week!
Until next time.
M xox

13 comments:

Georgia Heald said...

Gorgeous Marelize! Love how you have your photos on tag, so clever!

Angela said...

Love what you did with the sketch Marelize!! The tags look awesome!! & the flower & twine on each one is perfect :-)

I've got one of those washing piles waiting for me too unfortunately :-(

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow this looks amazing Marelize!
I love how you've mounted the photos on the shipping tags with the twine. The inked background using the CW template looks fantastic too! Thanks for the inspiration...I think I might give this months challenge a go :) xx

Marisa said...

I just love your page, awesome take on the sketch. Love the photos mounted on tags, fab idea :)

Leonie said...

I so love this one Marelize!!!
what you've done with the tags is fantastic!!!
Love the twine on each tag and the masking, those trees look super!!!
Cheers.

Adriana B said...

Clever page, love the tags :)

Kim said...

totally love how you have made your own kraft tags!!! and that subtle texture in the back ground looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Love these tags and the twine is is perfect! :)x

Unknown said...

Oh my! This is stunning!
You have rocked this sketch, the tags are brilliant and the background is awesome!
Hugs
xoxo

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is an amazing layout. I love how you made tags in the place of the blocks and I love how you used the twine. Beautiful.

Liz Weber said...

Oh I love the photos on the tags like that Marelize, looks fantastic! You sure know how to work the twine!

Ebony van der Starre said...

Love the tag idea!!! Great layout!

Ella Swan said...

This is amazing! I love the tags and the tiny roses on the twine - soooo pretty!!