Saturday, June 01, 2013

June Sketch at Scrap Afica

Hi everyone!  It's a new month and that brings new challenges.  Scrap Africa's June sketch is up and the DT girls have done a fabulous job providing you with wonderful inspiration. 


Here is my example.  I've used the Kaisercraft 'On This Day' collection with loads of Prima flowers and a few Kaisercraft mini paper blooms.  All the leaves were punched out using the Martha Stewart 'frond' punch. The photo is of my mum and her dad at the end of the aisle on her wedding day in 1959.  I love scrapping these old pics. :)
 Some close ups of the flowers. :)
 ... and the title using some Prima fabric alphas.
I hope you will play along with us this month.  It would be great to see your interpretation!
We have a long weekend in Western Australia with Monday being a public holiday! I am looking forwatd to spend more time with the family as I was away all last weekend.
Thank you so much for popping by and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Until next time!
M xox

13 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is gorgeous.. I love the row of flowers and what a precious photo too!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Beautiful design, Marelize!! Love it, so unique! :)

Linda Eggleton said...

This is just beautiful, Marelize. Love the added blooms & the gorgeous colours you've used.

Thanks so much for your lovely words on my blog tonight too...muchly appreciated :) xx

Adriana B said...

enjoy your weekend, love your layout, the flowers look great with this paper range :)

Leonie said...

This beautiful Marelize, I love your floral arrangement. Just gorgeous!

Jennifer Shaw said...

I love your take on this amazing sketch! Such a beautiful photo of your parents!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh your flower clusters are so beautiful!! Great take on the sketch :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch. The flower border is such an awesome touch. You really showcased your mom's wedding photo to perfection.

Ella Swan said...

Just beautiful Marelize! Adore your trail of blooms!!

Unknown said...

Pure elegance and beauty!! Really a beautiful page, wow!

Karen Shady said...

this is a gorgeous LO Marelize. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday x

Unknown said...

Stunning Marelize! You've done a brilliant job with this difficult sketch - well for me anyway lol!
Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!
xoxo

Denise van Deventer said...

Great page Marelize...I really like that beautiful photo and then your bloom border!!!! Really fabulous!