Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Scrap Africa Challenge No 30 - 'Scrap your Stash'

Hi everyone! I've just realised how long ago I've last been here.  Life has been very hectic lately, but I've been having loads of fun! Today I just want to pop in quickly to share the latest Scrap Africa challenge with you.  The challenge is hosted by fellow DT member, Erica Houghton
Here is what Erica has to say:  'Challenge No. 30 is all about Scrapping Your Stash! Dig deep and pull out those collections that are 3 years or older; if you're newer to scrapbooking and don't have paper older than 3 years just use your oldest paper. We'd also love to see you use some of those older products that are possibly not so "in" at the moment e.g. rub-ons, eyelets, etc. Get creative, have fun, and use up some of your stash!'

Now isn’t this a challenge we can all play along with?!!

For more information and to see all the beautiful examples of the rest of the DT and Guest DT members, go HERE.

Here is my example.  Everything used on this card (except for the flowers) are from a very old Kaisercraft collection, called ‘Chapter One’.  I gave the card to my daughter who is currently writing her uni exams.

A close up of my flower cluster.  The big roses are from Kaisercraft and the smaller roses and leaves are from Green Tara.
The rubon in the corner as well as the butterfly are from the Chapter One collection.  The rhinestones are from Kaisercraft too.
Another few close ups for good measure. :)

We would love for you to play along with this challenge, as I'm sure we all have old stash waiting to be used. :)  You have until the 30th of June to get your entries in!
I'll be back in a few days with more to share.
Have a great week everyone!
Until next time.
M xox

7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Exceptionally pretty...love that little butterfly in there & I must say, I'm rather fond of rub ons...whenever I see them they look just 'right'...like here:):) Hope she does well in her exams - always a tricky time:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card..love that quote..hope your daughter went well with her exams...xo

Anonymous said...

I love your card Marelize. A perfect card to give to someone young. I have been trying to use up my older products lately so I might enter the challenge.

Lizzyc said...

This card is so lovely, that rub on looks amazing in the corner like that, such a pretty design with the flowers too.. I have heaps of old stash!!

Jo said...

This is a stunning card Marelize! I don't think Kaisercraft papers ever go out of fashion. This looks so fresh and clean, I love it xx

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful card Marelize...I have some of those rub-ons and possibly still a paper or 2 as well! ;-) These ppers were stunning! Love your card and you certainly made everything look fresh and new! ;-)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your card is beautiful...isn't it amazing what is hiding in our stash?