Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Authentique 'Classique Beauty'

I am working with the gorgeous new Authentique 'Classique Beauty' for my DT work for The Scrapbook Store this month.  Here is my first layout.  I've used a photo of my DD and one of my best friends, taken on Christmas Day 2014.
I've used a piece of the Blue Fern Studio 'Roman Clocks Small' chipboard and some delicious Petaloo 'Burlap Wild Sunflowers' and Petaloo 'Dahlias'.  The butterflies are also from Petaloo and the mini roses are from Green Tara.
 
The chipboard title is from 2Crafty.  After covering it with a thin layer of gesso, I gave it some colour using my Tim Holtz Distress Inks.
 A close up of the other little flower cluster, showing off another gorgeous Petaloo burlop flower and a few Green Tara Mini roses.  The rhinestone flourish is an old Prima flourish from my stash.
  Another close up, just for good measure. :)
 
I've decided to play along at Scrap Africa this month, as the colours from their mood board are just so inspiring and perfect for this collection.  They also have some amazing inspiration up on the blog, so why not check it out and play along?
That's all from me for today.  I'm busy working on another layout using this collection, so will hopefully be back to share soon.  Thank you so much for popping by my blog. Have a lovely day.
Until next time.
M xox

10 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

WOWWOWWOW!! That colour combo is stunning....adore the flowers & that wooden clock. YUM!!! Gorgeous page:)

Nolene Burnett said...

So beautiful! The yellow, black and creams work so well together, especially with the b&w photo. And that clock... well, I have a thing for clocks :)
Stunning work! So great having you join in at Scrap Africa again.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...breathtaking. Stunning colour combination. I love your flower clusters and the chipboard clock.

Lizzyc said...

This looks gorgeous.. I am loving seeing so much yellow this month, must be the month for it.. love the flowers and lovely photo too..

Arantzazu said...

Adorable!!!!
conveys a feeling of friendship so Beautiful!
The page is completely Gorgeous!
Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
Xoxo

Tracey said...

Wow...your layout is so Beautiful, love the gorgeous flower clusters. The photo is framed beautifully! Have a wonderful week!

Denise van Deventer said...

This is soooooo gorgeous Marelize! A gorgeous design and beautiful styling! ;-) Pretty as a picture! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Jo said...

A gorgeous take on the Mood Board Marelize! And just love Authentique papers. the clocks & butterflies beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Scrap Africa :)

Erica said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous. I love your flowers! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Scrap Africa. http://ericahoughton.blogspot.com/

asica.p said...

Absolutely stunning!Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
Xoxo, Asica