Monday, August 17, 2015

August Sketch Challenge at The Scrapbook Store

Today I want to share the August Sketch Challenge at The Scrapbook Store with you. Even though I left it quite late, you still have plenty of time to enter. Lucky for me, August is a long month! ;)
My take on the sketch, using the new Maja Design 'Summer Crush' papers.  I've added some texture to my background using the Crafters Workshop 'Art Is' stencil and texture paste followed by Glimmer Mist for some colour.  I then added more interest by using Kaisercraft Texture stamps.
The flowers are a mixture of Prima and Green Tara mini roses with a bit of added seam binding.
The paper doilies were originally white and I coloured them up using Distress Inks.
I've used a 2 Crafty chipboard title as it was perfect for my photo. :)
All products are from The Scrapbook Store.  I hope you get a chance to play along. I would love to see your entries. There's a $40 store voucher up for grabs and it includes free postage. The winner gets determined by random draw, so anybody can win.  You have until the end of August to get your entries in. :)

That's all I have for today. Thank you so much for visiting. Have a beautiful week!
Until next time.
M xox

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Just lovely! I always admire the detail on your pages..x

Lizzyc said...

This looks beautiful! Love the layers under your photo and the flowers under your photo look so pretty!

Lynette Jacobs said...

A beautiful stylish page...and I love the photo of the two of you and the fact that you are each others happy place.

Unknown said...

Love this page Marelize. A bit of vintage style - gorgeous 😊 great sketch too!